Tuesday 20 January 2015

Mind-Blowing Revelation from Acts 3:1-8

I was extremely ministered to this afternoon (Dec.11) at The Father's Church‪#‎GetConnected‬ (Lunch hour fellowship) anchored by Deacon Ivarah Samuel Adeniyi. The scripture text was taken from Acts 3: 1-8, a very conversant text - about Peter&John vs the lame man.
The minister kept hammering "There is something we carry as Christians", and as he kept saying, my heart kept panting and burning and yearning in affirmation. It was a great experience.
What God impressed in my heart are as highlighted below:
* There was no amount of "Silver and Gold" that could/would have made the lame man whole again, but JESUS; Peter&John duly recognized just that and gave "Jesus" to him, hence the healing that took place.
* The easiest thing Peter and John could have done was just to flow with the tide (just like other passersby) and give the lame man alms (as usual) but they chose to give him "what they had - Jesus" which was the ultimate solution to the lame man's problems. We (Christians) have so much that we haven't utilized. Its high time we came to terms with that and begin to exercise the power of whom and whose we are, the whole world is waiting for our manifestations. It is not our ability, it is God's.
* Never always think towards "silver and gold" as solutions to issues (even common everyday issues); Jesus supersedes all of that. HE IS NOT OUR FALL-BACK OPTION RATHER HE IS OUR FIRST AND ONLY OPTION (Yes, You heard that right), let's leverage on what we have as Christians - Christ! Until we see the word of God as GOD Himself we won't fully exhibit our true nature as Christians (Christ-Like), we'll just take it to be one of those fables written to just excite us.
* I had a reality check on myself yesterday when I had some funny discomfort in my body and the first thought that came to me (after prompting though from my...) was to visit the hospital for an immediate check-up. Unfortunately the doctor couldn't ascertain the exact cause of what I complained to him about and went ahead to subject me to some "investigative" tests which amounted to a whole lot but I didn't have such funds with me at that particular time so I backed out (hoping to revisit the next day), but on way back to the office I asked God "would I have paid and gone ahead with the tests if I had the money? or was I stalling and resorting to faith in Christ because I didn't have the cash there and then?" That was when the WORD jumped at me - "JIDE, I AM NOT YOUR FALL-BACK OPTION RATHER I AM YOUR FIRST AND ONLY OPTION"
Caveat » I am not in anyway undermining the world of medical science but only stating that my GOD is more than every other thing and able to exceed all of my expectations and requests.
"Silver and Gold have I none, but such as I have I give thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk".
This word is for someone; please see beyond the "silver and gold" at your disposal or even when you do not have it, but capitalize on what you have as a believer - Jesus Christ; HE'll sure bring to life what every other thing cannot and couldn't do. Before you run to that person to borrow that money, have you informed and involved God in it? What's His own opinion/verdict on the matter.
Our first option should always be HIM, not resources ("silver and gold")
Remain blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment