Monday 14 April 2014

April 13 - Mybirthday, Mytestimony


MyTestimony»»»

This past one year has really opened my eyes to a whole lot of things. So many trials, tribulations, issues but one thing I saw in all of these ~ God remained faithful. Yea I broke down at some point, Yea i cried (even though I smile, laugh and encourage others consistently), Yea I thought I was losing my sanity at some points in time, Yea I was even frustrated at some point, Yea I even cooked up quarrels a times with my wife, Yea I also thought of running away from my family....but in all God saw me through, He showed me another dimension of His person. I thought I was patient, but I went through another school of patience. I thought I was longsuffering, I learnt it again. I thought I was a sacrificial giver, I was schooled again. I thought I loved, I went through another session of thorough love. I thought I knew all about God, but trust me there were depths of His person I saw over and over again (and still seeing).
NOW This is my testimony » God blessed me with the most wonderful companion I could ever dream of; when I took it out on her she kept her nerves, she supported me all through, kept telling me "baby I know what you are capable of, you are not a failure". Even when I gave up on myself (after several unsuccessful business ventures and job applications that I got close to securing but never came to be), she never for once gave up on me. When I couldn't cater financially for my home (Yea! You heard me right, I'm not ashamed to say so - utility bills, feeding, fueling, clothing, school fees etc.stared me in the face), she helped me all through (despite intense pressures at work) and not a word to outsiders, she never took my place as the father and husband of the house (and on a lighter note I was never denied "the usual"), I still remained the financial controller and accountant of the house (the internetbanking logons & bank debit cards remained in my custody), no expenses took place without my consent (you'll always hear her say "let me discuss with my husband and get his approval"), she gave me all the respect I could ever imagine, she never made me feel out of place.
Today - I CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY but the brain behind my joy and happiness is GOD and MY DARLING WIFE...I celebrate her big time today. I will always love you.
To any couple going through any kind of challenge, stay with God, stay together, keep agreeing together, it could be tough but know one thing for sure - God'll always come through for you.
To intending couples, please see beyond the luxuries and glamour cum "effizies". Life/Challenges will hit you especially if you are a christian, will you stay or chicken out of marriage? Please marry your "own" wife/husband.
Oluwabukola Danielle Abefe mi (Bukola Jide Ekunseitan) » I owe you my life and all that makes me "Jide" (and I mean it), I love you, in fact I pledge my eternal love for you. Thank you for bearing with me, my inadequacies, my shortcomings. Thank you for everything darling. *tears of joy*
Maybe soonest I will write a book about you darling! You stand out, You are beyond a virtuous woman my baby
 — with Bukola Jide Ekunseitan.

5 comments:

  1. The intention of this post is not to flatter or pass any negative impression that I am suffering, the sole intention is to thank God for seeing me through challenges, celebrate my wife, and encourage/inspire whoever is going through any challenge in marriage and wants to throw in the towel.
    I sincerely appreciate your words of encouragements (via bbm, calls, txt msgs and on this facebook platform) and massive accolades accorded to my wife, God will continually celebrate you all.
    I can boldly say i am wiser, stronger, better and attaining perfection even as I keep following Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Virtous Woman.....who can find one? GOD bless you for this piece......I've got one with me for life......i connect with the message fully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you were blessed with the piece. Thank God for the wives He gave to us, He'll keep us and strengthen us in our marriages

      Delete
  3. My view is this: As much as the virtuous woman in God's Will is commended, I want to also salute you too for finding her out! The Holy Scripture says..'he that finds..' For being patient enough to wait on God and find this woman, for not rushing and choose wrongly, for being patient and relying on God to make your own home a testimony, for the finding of the treasure in her, etc....I say Kudos! With God on your side, your home will continue to be the Emblem of His Grace. The Grace of God who finds the two of you out will continue to uphold and strengthen you every singular day of your life! Great Testimony of a Home Standing for God in the face of adversity is what you have shared...when others are breaking down, your own mountain is standing strong! Great Grace to you, your wife and God's Champions in your custody! Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Simply awesome. Thank you so much for this depth of wisdom, bro. You are blessed. Feel free to share thoughts on this page whenever you want to. Thank you

      Delete